View Single Post
Old February 11th, 2012, 01:53 PM   #984 (permalink)
mrjoolius

Device(s): Droid Incredible
Carrier: Not Provided

Hi all. I'm new to this forum and new to this topic. I have an unrooted DInc running 2.3.4 that is experiencing the common "low memory" bug and it has gotten to the point of- at best a pain to use and at worst unusable without constant force closes. I've done the usual deleting of apps and clearing data & caches to no avail. It seems the problem stems from the HTC/Verizon bloatware on the phone. I have no cares about factory warranty since the phone is almost 2 years old. The idea of gaining root and clearing out the gunk that is causing me these issues is appealing. I am truly a noob when it comes to anything like this, so the idea of going in and altering the programing is a little scary. It is my only phone and I cannot afford to brick it and be without a phone until im eligible for a new phone.

So my question is this. Is this downgrading and rooting something a complete phone novice should attempt? It seems like far more advanced users have run into problems. I may not be adept enought to troubleshoot my mistakes. I guess I just need a pep talk that this is not too dificult a process and that it shouldn't brick my phone. I just don't think I can deal with what I have until May (Eligible for new phone). Thanks.