View Single Post
Old February 13th, 2012, 12:26 AM   #40 (permalink)
scudder

Device(s): Rooted EVO LTE (Viper4G ROM), rooted HTC EVO (Mik3.11 ROM/Stock MikG) Kernal), Nexus S 4G
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkhanso View Post
Swype is a great keyboard, but I did not like the way it adds words that I tap into it's dictionary. Souluna's answer above is exactly what you need to do to clear these 'tapped in' words.

The other "User Dictionary" is also easy to get to, but the words you put in there, you do on purpose. They are not automatically added. Those are at Settings > Language & Keyboard Settings > User Dictionary
Just wanted to let everyone know while the "Clear Data" option indicated above will clear those unwanted tapped-in words it will clear EVERYTHING...including settings and preferences for Swype AND words you might want!! It is the same function as "clearing data" for any other app...you basically WIPE the slate CLEAN as if you had a fresh install...and you'll lose stuff you might want to keep.

I and others noted in another thread VARIOUS options to clear everything or somethings depending upon your needs and what version of Swype you have. And if you have one of the latest Swype betas or can install it on your phone, the dictionary is TOTALLY user-manageable...you can add and delete items to/from the dictionary at will even in bulk!. Look over to this post and others above:

Swype: Can you edit the dictionary easily?