View Single Post
Old February 15th, 2012, 03:43 PM   #4 (permalink)
BeastMD
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Droid Eris,Droid Incredible,DroidX
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkk View Post
Two things:

1. You need a new phone. Your NFC will work for all non-secure functions (Beam, etc), but all functions accessing the secure element are now blocked.

2. It is not a ridiculous way for Google to implement software. You rooted, installed non supported alternative firmware and now want to blame Google for something not working. I am not blaming you (you probably did nothing wrong, per se. You just took a risk), but it is incorrect for you to in any way blame Google or Samsung or Verizon (well..blame for Verizon for being Verizon, but not for this ).

Also, note that you voided your warranty when you rooted, that was explicitly stated in a warning on the phone and you agreed to it.

-Nkk

I know what chances in general you are taking, but I have never lost an important/basic functionality of the phone with no recourse. I can see this issue happening to "legitimate" users who don't root their phone down the road because of the way its implemented. I took a chance sure, as far as warranty I never intended returning the phone. Am I a little pissed that I cant use a function I was hoping to use, sure.

I put the phone back to stock and I am going to try to restore my backup I made later to see if it will come back to normal. I was really looking for clarification to restore procedure and if it would possibly work, not start a battle about blame. I was reading about some nandroid backup fixing it and while I dont have one of those I am hoping the system/app/data restore I made will correct it.

I am also hoping that some of the newer ROM's and upgrade developers mention it in their docs so others know what to do ahead of time.

But man I'm bummed out.