I picked up the Lapdock 500 yesterday.
- Startup is quick
- The thing is HEAVY. Weighs in at 3 pounds 8 ounces according to my digital kitchen scale
- It is BIG.
- It will play .mp4 files directly from the usb port
- I don't like the dock configuration. You can tell that they intend for you to place your phone on a flat surface next to it. It is difficult to use the pull out tray with my Razr MAXX.
-Interface seems clunkey to me. Some of the apps on the phone do not scale up, so you are left with them in the small phone window.
- I do not like the track pad. I wish they incorporated pinch and push into it. It does have two-finger scrolling, but for me it is jerky.
- I left the phone hooked to it over night. The lapdock battery charged to 100% but the phone battery only charged from 40% to 60% with the default setting.
*DISCLAIMER* I have not RTFM yet. I got it home, plugged it in, and plugged my phone into it.
As of now it is not looking like a good solution (for me). I am going to give it another day or two to win me over, but most likley it will go back and I will get a tablet of some sort.