View Single Post
Old February 17th, 2012, 12:15 PM   #264 (permalink)
dhworph

Device(s): VZW Galaxy Nexus, Droid Bionic, BB Storm 1 (retired), MotoRazr v3mm (retired)
Carrier: Not Provided

I just think the screen looks amazing during normal everyday use (surfing the web, checking email, texting, phone calls, few apps here and there). It's a bit too bright at night (I wish I had a nighttime mode/theme - that would reduce the colors or something), and on low brightness it looks a bit grainy and grey --- the latter is typical of amoled screen technology, if I understand correctly. Also my white is a bit blue-ish at angles --- maybe mine is defective b/c I hear they are normally yellow-ish at an angle...

And if I had a video player that could adjust the gamma, saturation, brightness and contrast, it would make these highly compressed movies look great (I consider my laptop to make movies look great).

What I think would really say alot abotu this issue is to take the exact same scene - say of the iron man clip - off of the actual DVD and compress it in many different ways and compare them. If someone out there has the DVD, they could take the scene from this test clip, give me the full resolution version, and I'll compress it different ways.
The Following User Says Thank You to dhworph For This Useful Post:
Sandroidfan (February 17th, 2012)