View Single Post
Old February 19th, 2012, 10:26 AM   #32 (permalink)
WhiteSoxDavid

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Hmmm. It seems that the continual "boot-up" had been caused by all who were loading apps, etc. With mine (Android Incredible 3G) one day it just started to re-boot. This lasted nearly an hour!

Being a novice, when I read people backing up and clearing data on the device, what is the proper procedure? Is there a back-up routine on the device? Or do I just have to hook up to my laptop and "copy" my folders to the laptop, and delete the device data? I don't want to do anything that would screw my stuff up... by the way, when this first happened I lost several contacts that are used for work. Took quite a while to find all numbers, etc. and re-input. In any event, this re-boot thing is happening as I'm writing this... this happens frequently and I want to throw the darned thing against the wall but I know that won't solve anything.

Anyhoo, it has to be something simple but I don't want to lose any data and, of course, when I first got this baby, there was nothing to show how to operate anything! It's all been trial, error with a bit of luck that I know how to perform most operations!

Thoughts, comments?