Ouch, bad luck!
Bit of a cop out but does this site
help for your APN settings on the Viewty?
Also, I found this step-by-step guide setting up Hotmail on a viewty:
1.Touch the Menu icon
2.Touch the Communication icon
5.Touch the field under Email address
6.Enter your account email address, touch the arrow in the bottom right of the screen
7.Touch the field under Password
8.Enter your email account password (set by the user), touch Continue
9.Touch the field under User name
10. Enter your email account user name, touch Continue
11.Touch POP3 or IMAP4 (depending on the type of account)
12. Touch the field under Incoming server
13. Enter your incoming mail server address, touch Continue
14. Touch the field under Outgoing server
15. Enter smtp.live.co.uk, touch Continue
16.Touch ON or OFF under SMTP authentication (only turn this ON if the outgoing server
requires a username and password to send emails)
18. Touch the field under Account name
19. Enter the name of the account, touch Continue
20.Synchronize Mail Box? will be displayed, touch Yes
21. Your account is now configured and ready to use, touch Done.
I will add that there was no follow up - so it may not work.