February 20th, 2012, 09:34 PM
Join Date: Feb 2012
Carrier: Not Provided
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GirLuvsDroid
The easiest way, at least for me, to get an app into /system/app is to use Root Explorer
to copy the apk into /system/app.
To do this:
- In Root Explorer, copy the apk file you want to put in /system/app
- Navigate to the /system/app directory
- Tap the Mount R/W button on the top right
- Tap Paste
- Scroll down to the pasted apk, long press on it and select Permissions (you'll see 9 check boxes when you do this)
- Check the Read and Write buttons for User, and only the Read boxes next to Group and Others, then tap OK (once you're done, the read/write permissions under the app name should be the same as all the other apps listed (rw-r--r--))
I've done the above although can not see the app in my installed apps list, and hence can not open it. Any ideas?