View Single Post
Old February 20th, 2012, 10:46 PM   #10 (permalink)
paxchristos

Device(s): Verizon Xperia Play, Casio G'zone Commando
Carrier: Not Provided

nielson.peter@gmail.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafael View Post
The commando is targeting a niche audience, not very many people cross-specialize in outdoors-man-ship/jobs where a rugged smartphone is a plus/necessary and computer technology.

Funny. A retired military guy and avid gun enthusiast....who happens to know more than anyone I know about these devices, telling a Farmer and avid rooter that this phone is going to attract more outdoorsmen than geeks or hybrids.

Me....I am an 8th grade dropout who loves technology as well as many mouth-breather activities.....just so you know I am niether offended nor judging anyone here.
Actually not retired, I just did one enlistment (I'm 24) and and got out, now i'm going to college for Computer Science :P

When you look at it, let's say this device sold 10,000 units and let's say that there are 100 active forum members here. Overall it's a very small group who are actively involved compared to the whole (in short, you guys are the outliers)...

@rjglenn -- The trend is rooting has always been towards unlocking the kernel because once you have that done, you don't have to worry about different exploits. Many devices (mainstream) devices have the patch, it's just that so far, there have been three really big exploits that worked cross-device (gingerbreak, z4root (rageagainstthecage), and zergRush.)