View Single Post
Old February 21st, 2012, 03:13 PM   #319 (permalink)
iowabowtech
root@android:/ #
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): LG G2
Carrier: VZW

Thanked 7,444 Times in 3,912 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbryan74 View Post
I followed the steps in option 2, skipping the S-On step, hoping it would fix problems I have been having with my phone. My phone would not connect to cell towers. It shows bars, but would not connect. However, my phone will connect to my network extender (samsung network extender scs-26uc4) at home and work fine. Everything reset back to android 2.3.4 as expected but still would not connect to cell tower after the reset. If I complete the steps again and turn S-ON and return the phone for a replacement (I have a couple of weeks left of the 12 month warranty) is there any way that Verizon they can tell that the phone was once rooted. Verizon told me that they would send me a replacement, but if the phone I sent back to them had been rooted, they would charge me the full price (over $400). Thanks,
If it is s-on they can NOT tell. The only possible exception to that rule is those who use the newer HTC dev unlock method of unlocking the boot loader which leaves a trail behind and marks the bootloader as such. If you rooted using Unrevoked, you're golden.