View Single Post
Old February 22nd, 2012, 02:42 PM   #60 (permalink)
DavidET
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Motorola Milestone, ViewSonic G Tablet
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by roc045 View Post
I bought the Gtablet for my son, I thought he could find more apps then on the Ipad. Unfortunatley 75% of the app games he loads won't work. According to viewsonic they are not compatable with tablets. They suggested to reroot the tablet so I can go to the android market and download compatiable tablet apps. Of course I have to send my tablet to them and a check for a $95.00 in order for them to root it professionaly. According to your article I shouldn't reroot this tablet, is there a way to upgrade to HC and download apps from any android market that are compatiable with the Gtablet. If so where I can I find this information. Thanks for your help!
I had listed few android markets in the article and since then there has been some new ones also which with Google Search can be found.

I am not familiar with games but I usually had found the same applications that are on the official android market in other places. sometimes a simple google search of the application name + apk has located it.

However if game applications are hard to find due to their more commercial nature, you may need to look in to the option of rooting the tablet.

Good Luck