View Single Post
Old February 23rd, 2012, 12:24 PM   #9 (permalink)
akashik

Device(s): ASUS TF101 -Team EOS 3 *JELLYBEAN* Nightly # 81, -KatKernel # 55d, -TWRP 2.3.1.1.
Carrier: Not Provided

Cool

It works!

Installed CWM, then hit a snag.

I missed your Prerequisite about having Arearom installed so bricked my phone on the first attempt. Remembered you mentioning you had their ROM on board so went ahead and ran Odin, put their ops file in ops slot, boot in boot slot
phone in phone slot, pda in pda slot, and rebooted. Got the Cyanogen boot screen but nothing more.

From there just re-flashed your ROM instead of the Arearom one, waited five minutes and boom, got Cyanogen.

A few hours later and so far so good. Very quick, looks great. I'm seeing a few more forced closes than the old rooted 'stock' ROM but nothing I'd call a deal breaker yet.

Big BIG thank-you to you and hroark for getting this out.

I had to reinstall the Samsung USB drivers on my desktop once the phone was flashed. Don't know why. Couldn't connect to my desktop to move files, or connect PDAnet until I did.

*edit*
I should point out that while the way I did it is probably a little faster I can't promise you it'll work out as well for anyone else. Anyone trying this should probably show better reading skills than I did.
Last edited by akashik; February 23rd, 2012 at 12:32 PM. Reason: Added Warning
The Following User Says Thank You to akashik For This Useful Post:
PandaBomb (February 27th, 2012)