View Single Post
Old February 23rd, 2012, 06:11 PM   #100 (permalink)
KOLIO
AF Contributor

Device(s): HTC ONE M8 | LG G-FLEX | LG G-PAD 8.3 | LG GOOGLE TV G3 | QUALCOMM TOQ | CHROMECAST
Carrier: T-MOBILE

Thanked 1,526 Times in 1,143 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinnellj View Post
New to the Bionic and am seriously looking at the Lapdock 100. A couple questions come to mind. I'm a Verizon Wireless customer. Looking at the details on Motorola web page it says that when the Bionic is in the Lapdock, you can browse the web, while simultaneously making calls and sending texts. Both the phone and browser are shown on the screen as simultaneously operating. I thought with CDMA technology that you can't talk and browse at the same time. So how is that possible? And is there a specific Lapdock version for the VZ Bionic and another for the AT&T Atrix?

Just curious to know before I proceed to lay out the cash.

JP

I would suggest trying out the store demo model.
If they don't have one on the floor,just request to try out what is in stock.

I can verify that both can be accomplished simultaneously,as a user of the PHOTON-LAPDOCK 500 combo.

Edit:

Yes, there are specific LAPDOCKS for the BIONIC & the original ATRIX, but, the BIONIC should work on all LAPDOCKS.

The LAPDOCK 500-BIONIC combo may have limited functionality(as the PHOTON does),check the MOTOROLA website & definitely test one in the store.

Also,the original ATRIX LAPDOCK should work, but, may need alterations to the HDMI-MICRO USB connection to properly fit & work. See YOUTUBE for the video on this.
Last edited by KOLIO; February 23rd, 2012 at 09:15 PM. Reason: Additional information.