View Single Post
Old February 24th, 2012, 04:40 PM   #16 (permalink)
The Solutor

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by Am2am View Post
to all owners of ZTE U960.

on my model USSD commands on SIM1 not working

for example for checking the balance *102# and SIM1 call
then it returns
CONNECTON PROBLEM OR INVALID MMI CODE
on SIM2 working ok
i try to switch the SIM places
the same situation SIM1 can not accept USSD
SIM2 can

who have similar problem ?

Yes I can confirm. Same problem here.

To be precise the USSD command is accepted and sent, but the reply is not interpreted correctly, so I can (blindly) manage my sim, but you can't check your billing.

Problems with USSD codes and STK are common on phones where the GSM is a second class citizen.

For example my droid 2 global (cdma/gsm) has the same problem with the stock rom, the droid 3 (also cdma/gsm) had the USSD codes working but the STK not enabled.

Quote:
and any way to solve it ?
Looking at the rom (because the problem with 128K SIMs) I can say that the SIM2 is managed mostly like on other monosim Android phones, while the SIM1 is managed mostly by the baseband SW and interfaced to Android trough the proprietary libzteril.so.

Even the network naming is different.

Vodafone Italy Is interpreted as "Vodafone IT" on SIM 1 and as "Vodafone Omnitel NV" or "Vodafone Omnitel NV 3G" on SIM2.

The first name is embedded on the baseband, the second one comes from an android library.

So is not that easy to do something unless you are the super hacker who understand the machine code better than his national language.
Last edited by The Solutor; February 24th, 2012 at 04:54 PM.