View Single Post
Old July 7th, 2009, 10:44 PM   #366 (permalink)
dbla921

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbla921 View Post
I used this app before.. works like a charm, but for whatever reason.. on my new laptop (windows xp).. the computer automatically installs the drivers.. it doesn't prompt me like it did before during installation to locate the correct drivers..

what am i doing wrong?

the drivers it automatically installs are for access to the sdcard..

before I would plug in my phone.. and it would prompt me there is new hardware and it would take me through the wizard where I could inform the computer were to find the right drivers... now it automatically installs the drivers and they aren't the right oneS!!!

Any help pls!

Solved my problem with a little help from the folks at PDANet

I guess I uninstalled and reinstalled my phone too many times on my laptop, so it was picking up the wrong drivers.. so PDANet suggested I remove all usb drives installed for Android.. I had like 8!!!

I used this tool: USBDeview - View all installed/connected USB devices on your system
(the link to download the tool is toward the end.. after the 'feedback' section)

I removed all the android/htc drivers.. then plugged my phone in.. and it prompted me to locate a folder to install the drives like before!! and now I'm up and running!!! woo hoo!!