View Single Post
Old February 26th, 2012, 03:30 PM   #14 (permalink)
darkuni
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Nexus (LTE) Rooted, Nexus 10 Rooted, Asus Nexus 7 Rooted
Carrier: Verizon

darkuni

Can you drag and drop from your computer to a USB drive or from one hard drive to another? If you're THAT old, maybe from your hard drive to a floppy drive?

Open up TWO copies of Windows Explorer. In one, bring up the phone - in the other, bring up your hard drive where the file is you want to copy.

Drag the file into the Windows Explorer that has the phone files in it. Drop them in.

There are a number of file managers designed to make "file maintenance" like this easier. Many are free, some are pay. Here are a handful of the popular ones you may or may not know of.

Five Best Alternative File Managers

I'm a devoted Directory Opus user - simply the most powerful thing you can have on your computer - but it isn't for everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zsnake View Post
Howdy again. Am back trying to get this thing to work. Thanks for your advice so far, but I still don't understand.

I have the File Expert on my Android. (Didn't believe that I could get THAT far! LOL) Sooooo drag and drop WHAT?

Like now I want a picture or tune or whatever that is on my PC to transfer over to the Apad. What is the exact proceedure?

I'm really a dumb-cluck, (Read older person) so talk down to me.

Thanks again in advance.