View Single Post
Old February 28th, 2012, 05:39 AM   #2539 (permalink)
ari-free

Device(s): my Touch 4G slide
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by ari-free View Post
Last night I asked jeannie what is the derivative of x squared and got 2 x. Thanks to some help from wolfram.
Then I asked "what is the stock price of IBM divided by the stock price of Dell." I chuckled to myself while I waited but it came up with the correct answer.

I'm now reading that speaktoit is 'the app to get so it's also going on my list.
I remember playing with ELIZA back in the day. And then there was the whole aibo/pleo craze. I like the idea of 'training' an AI that could do more than roll over and fetch your slippers.

Update: I wanted to work on jeannie for at least a week before trying anything else. Unfortunately, when I told it to speak in chinese, it doesn't know English and I don't know chinese so I uninstalled it to start fresh. I decided to check out speaktoit and it was clearly subpar. Sam really is as dumb as she looks. The only good thing about it is that you can also type in your response. I dumped that and now back to a fresh and clean jeannie.

One cool thing about jeannie is that you can play an Akinator-like game with it except you can think up any thing. Jeannie is worth the fuss just for this game!
Last edited by ari-free; February 28th, 2012 at 09:07 AM.