View Single Post
Old February 29th, 2012, 07:21 PM   #8500 (permalink)
Copacetic

Device(s): LG G2, Nexus 10,Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 7 2012, Asus Transformer, Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by esmith818 View Post
I live in Huntersville, work in Charlotte, and still have that problem. That should tell you the towers are likely not the issue.

If I thought I could swap out the hardware like NCTurner did and get a good one in return, I'd do it. But after reading (un)Lucky's journal entries, I think I'll just stick with what I have and hope the "voice privacy" suggestion helps for my limited calling habit.

I agree with all if you, Lucky, NC and esmith: could still be equipment, software or tower; hard to say. My one way happens only when I am on my home tower on OKI. Traveled to Dallas over Christmas, no issues. Came across the state on 40 last week, spent the weekend in Raleigh, no issues. Currently in the High Country, no issues. Also, a way back, there was a question about the nexus being used on an extender. I can confirm that the nexus will connect to an extender, no issues here either.

Esmith, what is the Voice Privacy suggestion you are using? So far I have not had the issue in about three weeks, so here is hoping.

On another note, we are having a wicked thunderstorm up here at Mt Mitchell tonight. Sitting in a cloud with lightening dashing around, torrential rain and booming thunder, are we sure it is still February?