View Single Post
Old March 1st, 2012, 12:01 PM   #54 (permalink)
ds00

Device(s): Motorola Droid X
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdsiam View Post
I guess I shouldn't say I don't want ICS until I see it how it looks and works on our phone. Frankly, I like my MoPho just the way it is. I haven't rooted it, but I have customized it to my liking. Also, I've played around with a co-worker's Galaxy Nexus and I didn't like the OS. However, that could just take some time getting use to it. Lastly, and maybe most importantly, I don't want to lose any screen real estate due to ICS's on screen buttons. Now, I may be off or misinformed in my pre-judgements, but I'd be happy waiting until my next phone; one that was built with 4.0 or higher in mind.
Pictures of Blur on ICS have been released for a while - looks quite nice, you won't lose any Blur customizations that you've come to like.

And you will not lose any screen real estate to soft keys on the screen, devices that have capacitive buttons (or physical buttons for that matter) will not have the on-screen buttons with ICS.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ds00 For This Useful Post:
drexappeal (March 1st, 2012), rdsiam (March 8th, 2012), simcha (March 5th, 2012)