Thread: General Pros and cons on Marquee .
View Single Post
Old March 2nd, 2012, 08:40 AM   #7 (permalink)
mvaness

Device(s): Boost Moto G Boost LG Marquee (RIP) Boost Samsung Prevail (RIP) Boost Blackberry (RIP)
Carrier: Boost Mobile

Hey Biker,

Glad to see you poking around in here. I miss my little Prevail, mainly for the great forum, and it was my first android.

Side Note: People always ask about my opinion when purchasing computers, because I build my own. They always want fast, fast, fast. And then I find out they buy a super fast system and pair it with a tiny or sub-par monitor. Think about the one thing you look at all the time, the screen!

With that in mind, the Marquee has an absolutely beautiful screen. In my opinion, it has solid, although not stellar performance. It has received overall good reviews from the major magazine sites for its build quality and design. The cameras are a nice step up from the Prevails.

I researched the hell out of this thing, and it fills in the gaps where I found the Prevail lacking. It is a little pricey, but I think it was worth it.

I wanted a good overall (PRE-Paid) phone, so I did not look at individual components, but the overall package. And that is where I think the Marquee shines for prepaid phones from other phones; it is hard to beat.

I do wish there was more development, but we have root, and it looks like CWM is just around the corner. With almost 3 gbs of internal storage, I don't need to worry about apps to sd for some time.

Long story short, even if the development isn't as great as the Prevail, I can still tinker with it enough to be happy about my purchase...

hope this helps...
The Following User Says Thank You to mvaness For This Useful Post:
wetbiker7 (March 3rd, 2012)