View Single Post
Old March 5th, 2012, 06:20 PM   #44 (permalink)
The Solutor

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdraw108 View Post

-- As mentioned by someone above, it treats numbers as being different to each other depending on if they're stored with or without international codes. This means you have three choices: (1) store all your numbers in international format. SMS messages will correctly identify the caller ID but calls won't. (2) store them in local format. Incoming calls will identify the caller ID but SMS messages won't. (3) store them both ways for each contact, which is time consuming and error-prone (you don't always remember to do it).
Not a solution but adjusting/duplicating the numbers using the exported vcf is matter of few seconds with a good txt editor.

Quote:
-- You can tell that the English translations were done by a Chinese person, and this makes the phone feel a bit cheap. For example, when the screen is locked, there is a button for "emergence" instead of "emergency" calls, when you dial someone and it starts ringing, it says "Called is Ring", and one of the profile names (which you can't edit) is "Slient" instead of "Silent"). There are a few other examples which I can't remember right now.
true, called is ring is terrible..

Quote:
This has especially been a problem for me, as I've never had an Android phone previously.
Frangly I believe this is the very last problem, manage android is matter of few hours, the web is plenty of infos, and BTW most of the android phones are coming w/o a manual, this is true also for windows linux and most of the well known operating systems.
Quote:
-- One of the supplied GPS apps, CoPilot Live, is very unstable.
you should really delete it and buy a decent and not cracked app, I use iGO and works well as in any other phone I had before, altough the almost instant fix seen on the ZTE phone was not so common.

Quote:
-- MMI codes don't work on both SIMs, which is annoying as my network provider uses codes (e.g. *100#) for checking balances and allowances.
they are working perfectly for me on SIM2, BTW I've updated the baseband and the rom

Quote:
But that also means that I would like to be able to silence my work phone outside of office hours whilst still having it ring on my personal SIM. That isn't possible. Either the whole phone is silent, or the whole phone rings.
You must admit that yours is a strange request.

What's the point to have one of the sim reachable but silent ?

If you don't want the calls from one of the two SIMs just turn it off

Quote:
-- Contacts are saved by default into a gmail account, with no way to change this (e.g. so that it saves to the phone), and the phone comes already set up with an Etotalk gmail account, which so far I've not been able to remove and replace with my own (if you try, a popup states that a factory reset is the only way to do it). Because I know that this phone didn't work with google apps at all until recently, I'm reluctant to mess around with what is obviously a workaround Etotalk have applied. But I'm not happy about the phone being permenantly linked to a Chinese supplier's gmail account.
You cant remove the first gmail account on an android phone w/o wiping it.

I strongly suggest to do it and to start the configuration from scratch.

Quote:
Someone else in this thread mentioned that 3G only works on SIM2
Obviously the Europen 3G works only on SIM2.

SIM1 has 3G too, but in the chinese flavour, used in china only
Last edited by lunatic59; March 5th, 2012 at 06:25 PM. Reason: moved to correct thread