View Single Post
Old March 6th, 2012, 10:00 AM   #52 (permalink)
Aremihc

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty85 View Post

"waiting for device" in fastboot means either a prollem with the fastboot utility or one of its supporting files(missing?) or a prollem with drivers.

try rebooting the phone,reboot the PC. try different usb ports. make sure you are in fastboot,and not in hboot.(if you pushed the power button after "adb reboot bootloader" took you to fastboot,you are not in hboot)
-make sure you followed the above directions carefully. use the "mini-adb" download,rename the unzipped folder to "mini-adb_vigor" so you can directly copy/paste commands without having to remember to change the name.
-what did you do for drivers? the ones i linked for revolutionary are a .exe file that you can run as administrator after downloading,and it should install drivers for you.
-temporarily uninstall htc sync

if youre using my mini-adb file,and are still having prollems after reboots and rerunning the driver .exe file,etc.,youy might try manually updating the drivers by locating the phone(plugged in and in fastboot mode) in device manager.manually update the drivers,pointing them toward the extracted HTCDriver3.0.0.007 file,or htc sync drivers.

very often,a copy of your cmd window is quite helpful. if you continue having prollems,then copy and paste your session by:
-right click in the command window,click mark.
-highlight everything in white. hit enter.
-then,in your "reply to thread" box here,click the "#" up top
-right click and "paste" everything between the [code] tags.
Started over on my netbook and it worked fine, so I'm assuming it's some sort of driver issue.
The Following User Says Thank You to Aremihc For This Useful Post:
scotty85 (March 6th, 2012)