View Single Post
Old March 6th, 2012, 10:39 AM   #50 (permalink)
sdraw108

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Solutor View Post
Not a solution but adjusting/duplicating the numbers using the exported vcf is matter of few seconds with a good txt editor.
True, but that requires regularly updating the phone via a PC, if you tend to collect numbers when you're out and about (which I do a fair amount, because of work).

Quote:
they are working perfectly for me on SIM2, BTW I've updated the baseband and the rom
Yes, sorry, I wasn't clear enough. I meant that it works on one SIM but not the other.

Quote:
You must admit that yours is a strange request.

What's the point to have one of the sim reachable but silent ?

If you don't want the calls from one of the two SIMs just turn it off
It's quite simple, actually. One of my phones (the one I like to silence sometimes) is a work phone. This is so that it doesn't constantly disturb me when I'm relaxing at home in the evening and/or weekends, as I tend to get a lot of phone calls on it due to the nature of my work. At the same time, I do need to be able to stay on top of things in case there is a genuine emergency I need to respond to, so I will glance at my phone from time to time (every 1 or 2 hours, sometimes more, sometimes less) to look at the call log and text messages. I can then decide whether or not to respond to them. This would be extremely inconvenient if I was constantly having to turn the SIM on and off, plus messages don't come through instantly when you first turn a SIM on.

Quote:
You cant remove the first gmail account on an android phone w/o wiping it.

I strongly suggest to do it and to start the configuration from scratch.
I'm worried about doing this. It was only very recently that Etotalk got gmail working on their phone, and they set up the account as an extra service you have to pay for. There are users who have commented on their site that they were unable to add gmail accounts themselves, and I don't have the technical experience to know how Etotalk have done it.