View Single Post
Old March 7th, 2012, 10:59 AM   #26 (permalink)
jerofld
Fixing stuff is not easy
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S3; Asus Infinity
Carrier: Sprint

Thanked 4,313 Times in 2,513 Posts
jerofld

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos67731 View Post
Im reading this guide,
http://androidforums.com/evo-3d-all-things-root/494212-complete-newbies-guide-rooting-flashing-roms-kernels-using-fastboot-updated-2-20-a.html

But on step 5 where he is talking about "A quick repeat of the instructions in the HTC Unlock section" I get lost. I dont know if I should repeat or what. and things stop working.

Hell, I was thinking of going back to the 4G or paying someone off CL to root the thing for me.
I moved your post over to this thread. So if anyone is wondering why he's linking the thread he posted in, it's because I moved it and don't have permission to edit his post to remove the URL.

That part is just recapping what happened in Step 4 in case you skipped it because you're already unlocked through HTCdev. This is the important part from that paragraph:

Quote:
Let's turn off one of HTC's defaulted on features. It is the very frustratingly named 'Fast Boot' in Settings > Power. No, this is not 'fastboot' in the Android SDK. This is a feature that is like Hibernate in Windows but for HTC devices. I really hate how HTC calls it this, but that's what they decided to call it.
I hope that clarifies things? I just re-wrote the first sentence of Step 5 to hopefully avoid this confusion in the future.
Last edited by jerofld; March 7th, 2012 at 11:04 AM.