View Single Post
Old March 7th, 2012, 11:33 AM   #59 (permalink)
drexappeal
AF Addict
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): G Note 3 Sprint (Jet Black), LG G3 Sprint (Gold), MoPhoQ Sprint, Mopho Sprint & G Note 8.0 Wi-fi
Carrier: Sprint

Thanked 2,841 Times in 1,921 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by epark1281 View Post
@drexappeal, after looking at the leaks, i don't think i'll be going back to stock and installing the moto version of ICS...that's just fugly...
CM9 ftw!
Thanks for the 411!

As far as the stock moto UI, I didn't like that thing since day 1 and have been using Launcher Pro Plus ever since (just as I did on my EVO), so I totally agree about that.

As of right now, unless fede releases the "revamped" Launcher Pro Plus prior to the ICS update, I'm planning on switching to Go Launcher Ex, since it's the closest thing to Launcher Pro Plus that I can get.

Thing is, with all the great stories about what people have managed to accomplish with their rooted Photon's, that's still an option for me...if Motorola's Photon 2 (or whatever they come out with for Sprint) isn't quite what I'm expecting.

Right now, in order for me to really consider taking my final "gold premiere" upgrade this July (before the new 18 month upgrade policy kicks in), there are certain specifics that would make me consider upgrading: 1) ICS (I'd assume that it'd have ICS) 2) Bigger screen, while keeping the overall dimensions the same (or close to the current Photon), 3) Quad-core processor (just falls in line with all the other quad-core phones that are being rumored).

As much as I love the kickstand, if they were able to make the phone even thinner than it currently is, but also come out with a kickstand case that bumped up the overall size to the same as the current phone, I wouldn't mind losing the integrated kickstand. If the case ends up making the phone bulkier than the current dimensions, that's definitely a losing situation for me.

Overall, getting back to the main point of this thread, I'm more looking forward to ICS, than the potential negatives that people have mentioned.
The Following User Says Thank You to drexappeal For This Useful Post:
simcha (March 9th, 2012)