View Single Post
Old March 7th, 2012, 01:55 PM   #28 (permalink)
jerofld
Fixing stuff is not easy
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S3; Asus Infinity
Carrier: Sprint

Thanked 4,314 Times in 2,513 Posts
jerofld

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos67731 View Post
Also, after running "fastboot flash unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin" it still shows "LOCKED" at the top of the screen, is that normal?
Umm...no. Try rebooting the bootloader to see if you get it to say UNLOCKED instead of locked. If still locked, flash the unlock token again and reboot the bootloader again. If you still are locked, you'll have to flash the RUU. I'll give you instructions if you need for flashing the RUU.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos67731 View Post
So after I run
"fastboot flash unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin"

I should run
"adb reboot bootloader"

And start from here?

"You should now be in your bootloader. If you're still in the bootloader from the HTC Unlock procedure, you can ignore this step ................"
Honestly, this is the only place where my guide is unconfirmed as I have never done the HTCdev method (I was lucky enough to root with HBOOT 1.4). I know it's supposed to reboot your phone after flashing the unlock code, but I don't know if it reboots into the bootloader or if it reboots the entire phone. I assumed it rebooted the bootloader.

The bootloader is a white screen and says HBOOT 1.5 S-On at the top. Recovery has an Android with a triangle around it. Custom recoveries will call themselves Clockwork Recovery or TeamWin Recovery at the top.

I modified Step 5 again. But if you're still locked, you need to fix that, still. I've included more troubleshooting steps at the bottom of step 4 to help with that.

And I apologize for the confusion. You're the first one to actually give me feedback as you've gone through it. Hope this helps clear up more confusion
Last edited by jerofld; March 7th, 2012 at 02:20 PM.