View Single Post
Old March 8th, 2012, 04:53 AM   #5 (permalink)
Rico ANDROID
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): GALAXY NOTE 2 .(aka T.E.D.6)....ROOTED!
Carrier: A Bentley Carries Me

Thanked 1,670 Times in 1,238 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmash View Post
Sad is exactly the emotion I felt after watching that movie. Sad for our country that we have gotten to the point that it is so hard to even know what is going on anymore. How many people know that Monsanto invented a genetically modified soybean seed that is resistant to Roundup (also invented by Monsanto), strong armed every soybean farmer into using it, and sued any holdouts out of existence? How many people know that most of the chicken we eat are raised in giant dark buildings and literally never see sunlight their whole lives? Or that they raise them to grow so fast and so big that some of them cannot even stand up because their legs won't support them? Who would know these things, and really, why would they? But it just makes you feel really sad and helpless when you realize this is just the tip of the iceberg of what's going on in the world all around us without most of us even noticing. It just makes you feel like giving up sometimes, because what can we really do about it?
I am almost becominga vegetatian but, like youve said,because of strongarmed orcing farmers into accepting certain practices, its hard to find whoe foods. We have such stores locally,but, "they cost more" than the processed foods. Theres some communities here that have opened up neighborhood "open air type markets" where they bring home grown veggies and fruit that others can buy....this I like.