View Single Post
Old March 8th, 2012, 10:29 AM   #23 (permalink)
darkuni
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Nexus (LTE) Rooted, Nexus 10 Rooted, Asus Nexus 7 Rooted
Carrier: Verizon

darkuni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zsnake View Post
WOW! You sure do seem to know what you are talking about...wish I did. LOL

Following your advice I have been able to load songs,movies, and pictures from my PC to the tablet.

I got two more questions for you if you have the time.

1. When I try to move text files (From Microsoft Word at this point) I cannot retrieve them on the apad. It won't open them. Is there some place special I should download them to? I have tried to get to I-reader, received files and E-books. None "take".
Are you sure they are actual text files? .TXT files? If so, if you select them within File Expert, you should be offered to open them with FE's Text Viewer. If you have Dropbox installed, there is a text viewer/editor associated with that. If you have Opera web browser installed, it will look at .txt files too.

My GUESS is that you THINK you're saving text files, but you're really saving Office documents - which you'll need something like Quick Office, Polaris Office or one of the various Office packages out there to look at it.

Quote:
2. Where do I get an E-book reader? I have gone to the app store on the apad and cannot find one. Need to open books from Barnes/Noble and the like.

Keep up the good work...I'm impressed!
B&N and Amazon have their own, dedicated eReaders. You'll need to use those programs to view content purchased there.

There are several other readers available for generic ebooks like Aldiko that should do the trick.