View Single Post
Old March 8th, 2012, 06:01 PM   #36 (permalink)
wallaceff

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Confused SMS Forwarding

This forum has been very useful. I'm looking for a bit more help though, or even a slightly alternative app, or perhaps even an extension of PhoneLeash..

Essentially, I sometimes travel abroad and I use a different sim card when I do. I have a spare android phone at home, and I'm thinking that perhaps I could set up phoneleash to forward my missed calls etc to my other phone number while I'm away.
I'm looking for my cheapest option. So far, phoneleash can forward to an email address (I use hotmail, but could just as easily use gmail for example). I'm looking for a way for the forwarded email sms messages to end up in my android sms inbox, with the contacts name, time, message etc. Basically, I think it would need an app to somehow import the emails into the android inbox. Is this possible? That way, I could either reply from my overseas number, or use something like WebSMS/TextFish (or similar) to reply to the message using my phone, and its almost like everything is integrated and very cheap.

I would gladly pay for this integration.
Any thoughts?