There seems to be a lot of confusion trying to root the new ZVD update. Hopefully this thread helps most of those having problems.
I take no credit for discovering the root, this thread is simply for informational purposes only.
The usual: You are solely responsible for what happens to your phone as a result of using this guide
1. First Download the LG Drivers here:LG _USB _Drivers_All_4.9.7.zip - File Shared from Box
Then download and run the LG update tool here:http://csmg.lgmobile.com:9002/client/app/B2CAppSetup.exe
2. I DON'T CARE WHAT YOU SAY, do a master/hard reset after updating to ZVD
3. Download the root:
I confirmed this working. I've personally used it and it works!
4. Now download Rom Manager from the Play Store (Android Market) and install CWM.
5. If successful up until now, M-A-K-E__A__B-A-C-K-U-P
6. Now you might want to go around and flash a few kernels and what not.
These two are confirmed working:
-Homeless kernel (kanaida.homeles.v1.3.zip - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download
-Plague's 2.2 with hdmi fix (http://unleashedprepaids.com/media/phones/esteem/Plague-Extreme_2.2_signed.zip
Will add more kernels once you guys test them and report them as working.
7. Now is time for the themes
. I don't use one personally so past this point whatever happens you had a back up so if the ZVC themes don't work you can go back to stock ZVD. Although I heard all ZVC themes
work on ZVD
8. Roms? i haven't tested one yet. Don't use them, i like stock
. Post away and let me know what works.
-This awesome site
-Dan Rosenberg (for the root)
-PG and Kanaida for the kernels
-Gbiggie (for his guide on the update)
-joshadaniels04 (for allowing me to post this guide instead of him lol, and for being and active users' helper)
-djlucklu (for providing working Proof of ZVD IJ ICS 1.3)
If i missed any one speak up and state why you should be thanked