View Single Post
Old March 9th, 2012, 10:24 AM   #38 (permalink)
Mr. Lucky
AF Contributor
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Galaxy S4 (rooted), Galaxy Tab 10.1 (rooted), Nexus 7 (stock)
Carrier: Not Provided

Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallaceff View Post
This forum has been very useful. I'm looking for a bit more help though, or even a slightly alternative app, or perhaps even an extension of PhoneLeash..

Essentially, I sometimes travel abroad and I use a different sim card when I do. I have a spare android phone at home, and I'm thinking that perhaps I could set up phoneleash to forward my missed calls etc to my other phone number while I'm away.
I'm looking for my cheapest option. So far, phoneleash can forward to an email address (I use hotmail, but could just as easily use gmail for example). I'm looking for a way for the forwarded email sms messages to end up in my android sms inbox, with the contacts name, time, message etc. Basically, I think it would need an app to somehow import the emails into the android inbox. Is this possible? That way, I could either reply from my overseas number, or use something like WebSMS/TextFish (or similar) to reply to the message using my phone, and its almost like everything is integrated and very cheap.
I'm confused by your post. It starts out sounding like you are asking about forwarding phone calls, and then you ask about SMS and email forwarding. I don't know if this answers your question, but here are my thoughts. For incoming voice calls to your U.S. number, get yourself a Google voice account and set up missed call and voice mail transcription/niotification to an email address that you can get to overseas. To get your U.S. number to forward to GV, use the appropriate forwarding code. These instructions are for T-Mobile, but they work for me on AT&T, and I suspect they will work for other carriers as well. You can even setup the forward/cancel strings as numbers in your address bookor as speed dials.

If you are asking strictly about SMS forwarding, then ignore everything I said, and go with PVS' advice.