View Single Post
Old March 10th, 2012, 06:03 PM   #9 (permalink)
doogald

Device(s): Moto Droid Maxx (2013-), Moto Droid 3 (2011-2013), HTC Droid Eris (2009-2011) Also, an iPad 3rd gen.
Carrier: Verizon

Thanked 1,593 Times in 1,240 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by erisnoob View Post
Hi all,

I am a noob or just have lost my marbles. I have an Eris that I rooted about a year ago and finally settled on xtrSense. I love it. I have never had a problem 1 with it. My wife however, has an Eris that is stock OTA 2.1 and is always complaining. She finally agreed to let me root her phone and I can't for the life of me remember how I did it. I have browsed through the forum and found several explanations on how to, etc. but they are all most confusing to me. Like I said, maybe I've just gone stupid in the last year. Hmm. Anyway, I have the zip file for xtr 5.0.1. That's what I've been running since it came out and love it for everyday!

When I rooted my phone, it seemed so simple! Can anyone give me a straight forward answer and step by step on how to root her little Eris. It's a perfect phone for us, especially with xtr!

Thanks to all the hard working folks who take the time to post helpful hints on here.
Just look up to the second post in this thread - the steps to root are all there.

Is there One-Click-Root?

As for installing xtrROM, again - follow the steps in this fourth post in this thread, just substituting xtrROM for PlainJane that is mentioned in that thread.

It's really quite simple to do. Best of luck.