View Single Post
Old March 11th, 2012, 06:38 PM   #3 (permalink)
jack500
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks for taking the trouble to reply, it is appreciated!

I'll give them a go, I expect real people might be more helpful than Archos support direct.

Interesting to note that my question to Archos Support itself (not the forum) has gone into their now becoming famous customer support black hole.

It would seem that customers are something of a nuisance to them asking for basic but it seems awkward information .

But then when the information in their online manual tells you little more than can be gathered from the features listed on the box packaging you would expect them to be prepared to explain when asked a specific question.

Apart from the battery which is not user replaceable (and expensive to pay them to replace), I really like their product but would have to think seriously about buying Archos again because of their rubbish literature and customer service.

I'm glad I only emailed and didn't phone seeing that they charge a premium rate even to new customers who may be having problems. Cheeky beggars!

Another form of revenue not doubt, so it most likely pays them to provide rubbish written info, followed by rubbish explanations that are of little help.

Rant over Thanks again

Thanks
Jack