View Single Post
Old March 12th, 2012, 02:50 PM   #13 (permalink)
misterfamilyguy
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendantron View Post
I just got my PC set up again. I'm willing to dev along side you. At this point I'd really just be "monkey see, monkey do" but I will gamble this phone.

I saw an XDA interview with a real dev called Toastcfh.
Interview with Toastcfh – XDA TV | xda-developers
In it he says you have to thank the trolls for telling you "you can't do it" because it motivates you to prove them wrong. So, I don't know if vxbinaca here is going to keep wordplaying with himself to feel better than anyone with a better attitude than his, or if this offer of material support shows he can actually do something... productive. Either way, his little post back on XDA is *delicious*! Or I certainly hope so, since he's going to be eating those words.
Cool,
I appreciate the help. In my first post I linked a few things that will help you get the build environment set up. I have to re-set mine up. I'm mostly done unpacking now and have my puter set back up. I was looking at porting over rzrecovery to try that out. His seems like it may have a little more response from the dev. If you get your environment set up maybe we can IRC or something to work this out. A few things that were worked out by someone else in xda, sorry don't recall name for credit. When I get environment back up, supposedly if you run unpackbootimg.pl on the boot img, it'll output most of this, I'll do this later to verify and fill in the gap.

base kernel address=0x00200000

the boot command line=console=ttyMSM1 androidboot.hardware=lgc800 lge.rev=rev_10 lge.reboot=pwroff uart_console=disable lge.frst=flag3 lge.hreset=off androidboot.emmc=true androidboot.baseband=msm

the page size=????

the partition layout =
179 7 8192 mmcblk0p7 =boot
179 15 462848 mmcblk0p15 =system
179 16 1048576 mmcblk0p16 =data
179 17 8192 mmcblk0p17 =recovery
179 18 102400 mmcblk0p18 =cache
179 20 8192 mmcblk0p20 =lgdrm
179 21 8192 mmcblk0p21 =multimedia
Last edited by misterfamilyguy; March 12th, 2012 at 03:26 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to misterfamilyguy For This Useful Post:
strumcat (April 7th, 2012)