View Single Post
Old March 14th, 2012, 09:03 PM   #29 (permalink)
androidfonefan

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by lou61166 View Post
It's not that VM calling it gold it's the countless users who have it in their mind that the truimph is as good as more modern smartphones,when the realists no better,i switched because i wanted a better phone with far superior service,and i can say i got both,but it comes at a price,not once since i have had Verizon and the HTC rezound have i had pull the battery,have a GPS lock issue,have to install a custom Rom,to fix things that Motorala or Huwaii should have fixed before selling it,i have a total of 36 gb of space on the rezound i never will have to worry about low space messages,failed market apps and updates installing.oh and never had a data issue or had to use the Airplane trick to get it to switch from 1x back to 3g.
Understand, my first Triumph was a true POS, but after having problems getting it to boot because it just flat would not boot, I got it replaced under warranty. The replacement phone is much better than the first. In fact of the many problems the original phone had, the replacement only had one major flaw being the GPS and a minor being occasional lack of sensitivity down the center of the screen. This second issue is intermittent and not severe when present like the first one.
Still not worth the 300.00 I paid but worth more than the first phone. All in all the Optimus V IMHO is still a better over all performer, but the second phone is a vast improvement on the first.
And yes, for 300.00 these phones should never have been shipped with such a fubared ROM installed. I currently use a Samsung Exhibit 2 4g from TMoble with a Straight Talk 15.00 BYOD sim and the performance of the phone and service are many times better than the Triumph and of VirginMobile.
The fact that both my current phone and service cost less than that of the afore mentioned items only leaves me wondering if VM is really trying to do things right for themselves and their customers or if they are just paddling up stream with a teaspoon.

By the way the boot problem with the original phone turned out to be the battery, but even with that, I ended up getting a better phone in the end.