View Single Post
Old March 16th, 2012, 05:00 PM   #40 (permalink)
paulpach
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Nexus One, Iphone
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vajsmilan View Post
Like the idea for hardware keys support, but will we be able to assign controls to move forward or placing/destroying blocks to buttons on our devices...?
Believe me, there is nothing I would like more than having trackball support, but Unity is not sending us messages from the trackball at all, so we have not been able to figure that one out yet.

As for making it configurable, I suppose it can be done, go ahead and submit a bug if you like. But it cannot promise we will get to it right away because I think the other stuff in the list has higher priority.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vajsmilan View Post
Persistence world will be awesome so that we don't have to wait for already generated chunks to be loaded again, it will be like on minecraft, right...?
Not exactly. Chunks will still be generated, I will never save chunks per se. I will only save your changes to the world. This way I can have infinite worlds taking up just a few bytes of space. This also will allow me to upgrade your saved world, so if on future releases we add extra ores, your saved world from previous version will see the new ores.

But the time it takes to generate chunks has been improving steadily. It used to take minutes on desktop, now it takes seconds in mobile. I will continue to enhance it as I find more and more optimizations.

Persistence means that you build something, walk away, come back and it is still there. It also means that you build something, exit the game and come back, and it is still there. This will be available only in the full version of the game, which you will receive for free .
The Following User Says Thank You to paulpach For This Useful Post:
Vajsmilan (March 16th, 2012)