View Single Post
Old March 16th, 2012, 07:27 PM   #43 (permalink)
Steven2012

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

After reading the GSM rooting post, I have some questions: (My HTC EVO 3D is GSM)

1) So we need to Root the device first then back up the original stock ROM (yes I want to back it up)? or do we back it up first?

2) By using the revolutionary method (as my HBoot is 1.49.0008), is it necessary to flash the ROM as well? By that I mean, I just want to Root my device and get rid of some stock apps and the annoying carrier starting animation. Seems to me rooting and flashing the ROM are two different things, but I would just want to make sure before I do anything...

3) Following up the previous question, how do I get rid of the starting up animation? Is it something to do with the kernel? Or can I just do it by deleting some file?

4) In the case that I'm going to flash the ROM in the future, is there a way to choose between those many ROM out there? I mean, for example, the 3D camera won't work with some custom ROMs, so is there a way to know it before I flash it?

I am a newbie in rooting and flashing the ROM, and I would love to thank you all for the hard works!! I've read many post and guides in this amazing forums, it's just hard for a newbie like me to sort the information in my head clearly at this moment...

Thank you in advance for any advice and suggestions.