View Single Post
Old March 19th, 2012, 03:20 PM   #1 (permalink)
telliott
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Default Docs/books have vanished!

I'm having an issue with docs. I can't get any docs/books to show up on my rooted Fire. I think it's because the The marketplace (Now Google Play) updated the Kindle app. It is version 3.4.2.4 and now shows a front interface when launched from the Go launcer. Before it would simply go to the last page read. It could also be showing the front interface because it's not finding any docs. I did have to log into my Amazon account the first time I launched it.

In the default Kindle Fire launcher, the bookshelf remains empty despite files on the "SD Card". I put them in both the Documents and Books folder as well as trying to send them to my device via the Amazon web interface and the email address, both of which used to work.

Update: There seems to be a conflict between the Android Kindle app (Tim's Android) and my device account (Tim's Kindle). I deauthorized the Kindle app (Through Go launcher), then went to the default Kindke Fire launcher, deauthorized my device and re authorized it. Now, it cam't seem to get the device email address. It's confused! How do I get back the Kindle book app I had with one single account?

Thankfully, I still have a reader that works fine for everything but mobi books. I really like the Aldiko reader

Tim
Last edited by telliott; March 20th, 2012 at 08:40 PM.