View Single Post
Old March 20th, 2012, 11:40 AM   #1171 (permalink)
sweetb2006

Device(s): Incredible1 (One!!! lol) CM7
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowabowtech View Post
Sounds like Windows just isn't recognizing your phone. I wonder if the modified USB driver is just not compatible with the RUU? Worst case, temporarily download HTC Sync:

http://www.htc.com/us/support/droid-incredible-verizon/downloads/

Don't actually run the program once downloaded, it comes packaged with the stock Inc USB driver. Then plug in the phone in charge mode and with the phone still plugged in, reboot the PC. Should autodetect the phone upon reboot now that the driver is available. Verify that it gets detected and installs the driver.

Note: If you go this route and it works to perform the RUU, you may want to uninstall HTC sync before continuing with Scotty's root procedure as it may interfere. Honestly I thought your current driver should be working but for some reason it isn't so...may be worth a shot.
I will give that a try I suppose. However, windows did once already recognize & install the drivers & I haven't rebooted nor changed anything since than. Oh & if windows isn't recognizing phone, would I not have Not been able to do anything with the phone, via computer thus far? Yep, double checked & usb drivers are installed. Perhaps not good enough drivers vs. HTC's drivers?
Last edited by sweetb2006; March 20th, 2012 at 11:45 AM.