View Single Post
Old March 20th, 2012, 04:20 PM   #1176 (permalink)
scotty85
AF Addict
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanked 6,785 Times in 4,267 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetb2006 View Post
Nothings working... Tried running twice in a row, closed all internet connections & pc programs, deleted any trace of verizon on pc, Except the usb drivers. FML & I swear to ya Scotty, that pb31img was named correctly(changed to .zip via windows, double checked not seen as .zip.zip, removed sd card to make sure file was actually on sd card)... "sighs"
actually,above when i said "fastboot mode" i did not mean to have fastboot checked in settings. what i meant was,to power on into hboot mode via power on/vol down. then select "fastboot" with the vol rocker and power button. this is another bootloader mode.

put your phone int that mode,and then start the .exe file.

also make sure your phone is charged to 100%.

i know you think youve double checked everything,and i hate to keep beating you up about it,but i have never,ever seen an htc phone simply not find PxxxIMG files when the conditions are right. i dont know what else to say,other than one of those 4 things i mentione above is still not right.

did the md5 of your PB31IMG for froyo match the one i listed?

you might check it on your sd card with an app called "scary aliens android file verifier" wich is available in the market. this will tell if yuve got a good file ready to flash.

on the .exe file...
try this:
open your cmd window,change to your mini-adb_inc directory,plug i the phone,charge only,usb debug on, and type
adb devices

then,if you get your serial number back,
adb reboot bootloader

the mode that it takes you to is the fastboot mode i described above(this is another way to get to it) and is a white screen with colored letters,much like hboot.

now type
fastboot devices

if you get your serial number back,then close your cmd window,and run the .exe file as administrator.
donate to my device fund
The Following User Says Thank You to scotty85 For This Useful Post:
sweetb2006 (March 22nd, 2012)