View Single Post
Old March 20th, 2012, 06:19 PM   #2 (permalink)
ironass
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): SGS4 GT-i9505. Rooted. GE KitKat 4.4.2 Danvdh ROM. Baseband: NC9. Kernel: ktoonsez+PhilZ
Carrier: Vodafone

Thanked 3,612 Times in 2,394 Posts
Default Suggested STweak settings

If, like me, you want to give the basic Siyah 6.0beta4 or Siyah 6.0beta5 a go on JB but find it lacks Profiles, (Profiles in Recovery are disabled in these beta versions), in the STweaks app, then here are some quick settings that you can configure...

Basically this is the setting that the kernels come with and is, by-and-large, the stock settings that will give you a balance between battery and performance. As they stand, they are an improvement on the stock, Samsung, kernel IMHO.

You may want to enable BLN, (Back Light Notificaion) or increase sound in Sound on STweaks.

PERFORMANCE

CPU

DEFAULT CPU GOVERNOR = ondemand

CPU MAX FREQUENCY = 1300 MHz

CPU MIN FREQUENCY = 200MHz

MISC

DEFAULT I/O SCHEDULER = sio or vr

(Do not enable JB Power Saving in JB Settings)

BATTERY

CPU

CPU UNDERVOLTING = -50mV (If you encounter problems, revert to no u/v)

DEFAULT CPU GOVERNOR = conservative or ondemand

CPU MAX FREQUENCY
= 800MHz

CPU MIN FREQUENCY = 200MHz

MISC

DEFAULT I/O SCHEDULER = row

(Do enable JB Power Saving in JB Settings)

ALL CONFIGURATIONS

I uncheck in CPU, GENTLE_FAIR_SLEEPERS

DO NOT, in CPU_UV check, "Set on boot", until you are confident with your settings.

The above are just basic settings for each state that you can adjust to suit your needs accordingly. Proceed with care.

Dummies Guides Rooting Galaxy S4 * Know Your S4 * Update Problems * Knox Security * Bloatware * GPS
Last edited by ironass; June 3rd, 2013 at 09:52 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to ironass For This Useful Post:
vosg (August 27th, 2012)