View Single Post
Old March 20th, 2012, 11:45 PM   #19 (permalink)
mjbarry

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Hello Paxchristos:

Well I got my new phone a few days ago. Naturally it is upgraded from m80 to m100 so as far as rooting goes, I guess that is history.

Interesting bit of information that I would like to share and that is veriszon has discontinued the commando C771 (GzOne). According to the salesperson, I guess most phones are on the shelves for about 7 months and sometimes less. The person stated that the cell phones are coming out with new stuff about that lengh of time (5 to 7 months) so the older styles are discontinued, what a drag.

I am not saying that you can not get a replacement, it is just they are no longer being sold at verizon stores, well at least this store where I live, no longer carry the GzOne Commando.

You know Paxchristos, it caught my attention, from an eariler remark that someone made about removing the bloaded apps on their phones, and then trying to do an update later, which in turns fail to do the update. If I am reading this right, big question mark, it appears that a certain app holdes the key to bring the phone back as it was when first bought. The million dollar question which one of these apps restore the phone back to it orginal state? I guess the next question, perhaps would be, why can't that app be fully restored like the other ones. I would imagine that sounds kind of crazy, but there could be some truth behind it. Just a thought, Paxchristos.

mjbarry
Last edited by mjbarry; March 20th, 2012 at 11:55 PM.