View Single Post
Old March 21st, 2012, 10:20 AM   #16 (permalink)
LBPHeretic

Device(s): Sprint HTC Hero (OEM Android 2.1) [Rooted] B&N Nook Color
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobo89 View Post
Per the website KitsapAndroid references above, the HTC One X is rumored for a June 10 release. So what are the main differences between this one and the Nexus? It looks like quad-core vs. dual-core and 8MP vs. 5MP camera are the main ones per the Phandroid comparison tool. And Sense, obviously. Is HTC still locking their bootloaders or have they stopped doing that?
The HTC One X, for Sprint anyway, will probably use the Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Krait chipset, which is dual core, but still a beast that will easily hold its own. The GSM version of that handset will use the Tegra 3, which is quad core. The Sprint Samsung Galaxy Nexus will probably have the same dual core TI OMAP processor it has in the Verizon one, which is using a last generation GPU, by the way.

I believe HTC will probably always lock their bootloaders from now on. They will provide an online unlocking tool as they have with handsets dating all the way back to the T-Mobile HTC G1. It is not exactly the same as having a fully NAND unlocked handset though. The development community would have to work on that.

Tweet with me about Android on Twitter. (Please follow to see my tweets.)
The Following User Says Thank You to LBPHeretic For This Useful Post:
Lobo89 (March 22nd, 2012)