View Single Post
Old March 24th, 2012, 02:27 AM   #3 (permalink)
OnyxJay

Device(s): LG Connect 4G (Previously Samsung Admire and Galaxy Indulge)
Carrier: Not Provided

I went out and bought a HTC Wildfire S (they had 'em on sale, $69 plus tax. Couldn't pass it up, wish I would have.) It's down and out one of the worst phones I've ever used. And forget rooting it (if your used to just running AIO and having a nice easy experience anyhow.) HTC makes it kind of difficult. I was banging my head against a wall for about 5 hours trying to root the thing and remove bloatware. No luck. I finally gave up and re-activated my Indulge. Since this (meaning the switch to the Wildfire) was considered by Metro to be an "Upgrade" (yeah, right!) I couldn't return the phone for my refund.

So I am stuck listing it on Craigslist for $65. I might keep it around and give it to my nieces to use as a MP3 player or something. But as far as phone, this thing sucked! You get a slow (at least compared to the indulge or admire) cpu, it can't even play back netflix over wifi (it looks like a slideshow rather than a movie) and personally I kind of dislike HTC Sense. All in all this was a bad experience and definitely a stupid move on my part. Especially since I was just laid off. :-O. Last words from me: DO NOT GET IT! IT SUCKS!