View Single Post
Old March 24th, 2012, 11:34 AM   #6 (permalink)
Unforgiven
~Play Nice~

Device(s): Note II, S3, Moto X Developer Edition, Nexus 7 (2012 & 2013)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanked 14,236 Times in 7,806 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuey16 View Post
pupkact, I looked at the stack trace for your crash. It looks like something wasn't initialized with Scoreloop. I can code around that to save any data about achievements locally that needs saving if the SL stuff hasn't been initialized. But it's really helpful to see stuff like this.

Re: the hints...should I just do away with them? Trying to teach the player about the game is tough (without forcing them to read a few long pages of text). I've struggled with how to present this, and Toasts seemed like the least invasive idea.

Thanks to everyone for testing so far!
Ah, yeah, I did the no thanks on the scoreloop. As far as the hints, gameplay was going too fast to read them anyway. But like I said, let me play it a little more so I am concentrating on the game and not just getting used to it. Maybe when introducing a concept for the first time, a quick pause and click OK to continue with an option to turn tutorial mode off.

Join the fun and make some friends, register for free here.
If someone helped, hit Thanks, if you see rude or abusive posts, spam, or threads that need staff attention, hit Report.
Site Rules / Android Forums FAQ
*** Do you want to talk guns? ***