View Single Post
Old March 25th, 2012, 12:36 PM   #1 (permalink)
Photoscout
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Default Canít stop autoplay of music files after Bluetooth pairing (Android cell with car radio)

I have a HTC Incredible 2 phone (Android) and a Pioneer CD Receiver in my car. After I pair the two devices, music files on the android begin to play automatically. Any and every Mp3 file on the phone (music, custom ringtones, etc.) will play one by one non-stop.

To stop this every time I pair up, I have to go to Settings / Wireless & networks / Bluetooth settings / (hard press) device / Options / un-check Media. Then I have to stop the music player. Once that is done, everything works fine. But if I go from using the Bluetooth to using the radio, then go back to using the Bluetooth feature, then the problem starts all over again (auto-playing music files on the phone).

When I use an HTC Thunderbolt phone (Android) phone and pair it with the car radio, it doesnít auto-play the music. It works like itís supposed to.

I contacted HTC and the tech had me connect the offending phone to my PC via USB and then had me move the Mp3 files to other folders (he said my Mp3ís were in a wrong folder and thatís why the Bluetooth had been auto-playing them).

Later, upon trying the pairing again, the problem still exists. I compared files and folders between the two HTC phones and they're identical as far as where the Media, Audio, Ringtones, etc. are located.

Any ideas of a fix?