View Single Post
Old March 25th, 2012, 03:26 PM   #1229 (permalink)
sweetb2006

Device(s): Incredible1 (One!!! lol) CM7
Carrier: Not Provided

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty85 View Post
since you are able to move the files to your sd card,and see them with a file manager,i do not believe that you will have any prollems with it flashing roms. rom flashing in recovery is not nearly as "picky" as the RUU flashing in hboot. as long as you can see the file on the sd with a file manager,you should be able to flash it in recovery

if i knew of a good guide for you,id would point you to it we are all quite willing to help,so just holler when you have questions.i dont mean to come across like the help is over once youre rooted

you will have to do something,as at some point the OTA notifications will start(if they havent allready) and will become quite relentless in their plight to make you update the best way to deal with the OTAs is to flash a custom rom,or even restore your gingerbread backup,if you made one.

dont be afraid to flash. tryin out different roms is part of the fun of bein rooted,IMO. as long as you make that backup,you can always restore it and pick up exactly where you left off in the case that the new rom doesnt work out.
Thanks Scotty... & yes, the annoying ota notifications started pretty immediately, although i did expect this & have a fairly high tolerance for minor annoyances (I'm a mommy... lmao)

As for not using Rom Manager, than what? Though perhaps Iowa can/will explain that well enough, if only I knew how the heck to start a new thread in here! lmao I feel soooo UN for not knowing that!