View Single Post
Old March 26th, 2012, 12:34 AM   #10 (permalink)
primetech

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knoxville363 View Post
I don't recall any of that being requested when I downloaded it.....maybe someone who downloaded it recently can verify

Every keyboard will warn you the same way when it is being enabled. The warning is being shown to you courtesy of Android, to make you aware the keyboard app could, potentially, remember these things and beam them up to the Mother Ship. But if recent news has taught me anything, it's that every phone in existence is beaming something up to the mothership anyway.

Also, in regards to XT9 sucking, and FlexT9 hardly being better, there is a simple solution. Both were bought out by a large, apparently masochistic company named Nuance, which hasn't quite mastered dictionaries yet. FlexT9 used to be ShapeWriter, which was arguably much better.

Unfortunately Swype has also fallen prey to Nuance, which immediately released a version which regressed upon some of its latest touted features, uglified the user interface with orange highlights, and started adding "anonymous" usage statistic collection. Do I still use it? Yes, unfortunately, it's still the best out there.