I have now had this phone for 3 months, so I want to share my experiences. First off, I stand by everything I said in the first post above. I think this phone is awesome, mainly because it is fast, small, light, and never has any bugs or issues.
However, I now acknowledge the phone's biggest problem, which is the battery life. It is related to the data usage and data standby for 3G (maybe 4G as well). There may be a poor design inside for how the phone searches for data coverage. Here are some facts that may help:
- If you disable 3G/4G data, then the phone will last for over 2 days without recharging.
- If you enable 3G data, the phone will use MUCH MUCH more battery life. I can barely make it to the end of the day on a battery charge.
- I rarely use 4G data because I live in Los Angeles, and the 4G Sprint coverage is horrible in most neighborhoods. When I visit Chicago I use 4G frequently, and it works great in the neighborhoods that I am visiting.
My advice to Samsung Conquer users : If you will be away from a charger for 12 hours or so, then disable 3G and 4G data, and only enable them when you want to do web search or check or email. This is the price you pay for having an inexpensive, small and light phone with a fast processor. I'm still waiting for another small Android phone that only weighs 4 ounces, and has good battery life.
I'd also like to respond to other criticisms that I've heard regarding this phone.
- The phone freezes : This has NEVER ONCE happened to me in 3 months
- The phone reboots : This has NEVER ONCE happened to me in 3 months
- The phone is buggy and has errors and problems : I haven't noticed a single one.
- Battery discharges and then you can't charge it anymore : Never happened to me.
I use the most basic Sprint ID that came with the phone last December. I use corporate email, Gmail, and 2 Yahoo accounts. My phone version info is:
Android version 2.3.4
Hardware version D600.12
Hope that helps.