View Single Post
Old March 26th, 2012, 09:51 PM   #8 (permalink)
jerofld
Fixing stuff is not easy

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S3; Asus Infinity
Carrier: Sprint

Thanked 4,311 Times in 2,513 Posts
jerofld

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmageddonX View Post
I use Zedge and I think it stores my ringtones on my SD Card. So that might be why the ringtones keep getting reset. I'll try to see if I can get Zedge to store the tones on my main on-board memory. However, this would not explain the volume issue.

I have been leaning towards doing a factory reset but it is kind of intimidating to me. I don't want to lose something on my phone I forgot to back-up.
Ah, my first guess of it resetting to default sounds was the SD card. It can happen if your phone doesn't load the SD card quickly during boot or if you turn on Disk Mode and then the phone tries to access that sound and it cant because the phone is in disk mode. I avoid this by using an app called MyPhoneExplorer. It lets me sync files wirelessly.

But you also said that your sound goes mute randomly? That's why I didn't suggest it before. A factory reset may fix it.

For doing a backup, make sure all of your contacts are backed up, either in the Google Cloud or to your SD card. Make sure all your SMSes are backed up (The messenger app has a backup feature). They also will be saved to the SD card

App settings will likely be lost, but some non-root apps will make backups of your apps so you don't have to re-download them, but they don't retain the settings. ES File Explorer is such an app.

Everything else should be fairly easy to restore manually.
Last edited by jerofld; March 26th, 2012 at 09:54 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to jerofld For This Useful Post:
ArmageddonX (March 26th, 2012)